The criteria to select the project deserving the MIP Awards for Planning Excellence shall be at the discretion and based on the following key factors:
- Contribution towards new planning ideas, concepts or theories that would bring the planning profession towards greater height
- Sustainability – In achieving a project that promotes sustainability
- Community Development – Significance of the project to the community
- Environmental Friendly – The aesthetic quality of the project as well as the environmental quality of the development
- Marketability – Ability of the project to respond to real market needs
- Value to the profession at large
- The originality, innovation and concept of the project.